A look into the life of a gamer/programmer and world travler.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

30Watt Solar backup / off-grid power


Solar Project 2 Started

Yesterday I bought a new Solar Panel online. Innergy Corps. 30watt Solar panel. I should get it in around a week to 10 days. Also in the order I purchased a 5amp 12/24volt solar charger controller. The total for all this was $220.00 (that is the cheapest I'v ever seen a 30watt panel -$178) after tax and shipping. Next i will be going to pep-boys for an 800watt inverter($69.99) , and a battery($89.99) deep cycle RV.
Now i should get about 150 watt-hours of power from that solar panel per 5 hours of good sunlight. (17.3volts 2.2amp max i belive - 12V 1.8A normal use). I will be trying to run my laptop off this semi-perm . also maybe my room lights (13watt flo bulbs that give out same light as a 60watt incandesent one).

Add all this to the solar battery chargers and ALL my electronics run off grid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home