A look into the life of a gamer/programmer and world travler.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

We have liftoff !!

Well yesterday my "new" projector came by fedex! The Hitachi projector was setup within 10 mins and I went to the local Home dept store and bought 2 bike hooks and 2x 1"x2"x6' wooden poles. I set the hooks in the ceiling and place a wooden pole across them. Then took the screen material I got from Ebay ($10 for 115" screen size), and draped it over the pole. using the second pole I attached it to the bottom of the material. Taddaarr !! a nice screen for my projector at a cost of $15. (the material is made just for this with a rubber backing so it is always flat and I can fold it up and take it down when I want to.)
Anyhow ... I got it all together and setup took about 20 mins to do the screen and setup the projector. To my great relief the projector shone bright with a perfect picture. The colors are clear, and the picture sharp. Now I cant find any sign of how many lamp hours are left but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it.
This projector has tons of inputs. 2 RGB sets / 2 PC VGA inputs / multi audio in and out and some other lder input types. and it swaps to the active input automaticly!!. The zoom and focus are powered and can be controled by a few simple buttons. The projector has a 650 lumin lamp and I must say on the screen it looks very bright even in normal light conditions - I'd say the material of the screen helps alot as it refects light with little refective shards in it. In all Iam very happy with it. So for a total of around $200 I have a home theater system ! using my PC and Achos 700 as video feeds. Cant wait for summer and I can place it outside on a 300" wall for a drive-in movie kinda feel ! (using the Achos 700 as the portable video source).

Merry Christmas to you all !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home